On 2017-07-31, Michael Berger wrote:

> I found that classicthesis-Lyx-v4.2_biblatex-bibtex8 compiles to PDF in
> Mageia6  whereas classicthesis-Lyx-v4.2_biblatex-biber does not.

> 'Documents > Settings > Bibliography > Bibliography Generation >
> Processor' is expected to show

>   * biber
>   * bibtex
>   * bibtex8

> This is what I see in openSUSE Leap 42.2 and accordingly
> classicthesis-Lyx-v4.2_biblatex-biber produces a perfect PDF.

> Whereas in Mageia6 I can only see

>   * bibtex
>   * bibtex8

> so, 'biber' is (still) missing and therefor (in my opinion as an
> ordinary user) no PDF output is generated.

The list shows what is (was) available on the system the last time you run
"(re)configure".

> Are the developers aware of this and will "biber" be made available in
> Mageia6 soon?

Making "biber" available in Mageia6 is not the task of LyX developers.
Maybe it is alredy available but not installed as LyX dependency, maybe it
is missing. Ask the distribution packagers or file a bug to Mageia6.

After installing "biber", you must make LyX aware of this: open LyX and run
Tools>Reconfigure.

Günter