If successful I will revert back to you.

Cheers and thanks again.

Michael

Am 31.07.2017 um 22:33 schrieb Guenter Milde:
On 2017-07-31, Michael Berger wrote:

Hi Günter,
let me recall: with 'Tools > Reconfigure' done I still see
in 'Documents > Settings > Bibliography > Bibliography Generation >
  > Processor'
       * bibtex
       * bibtex8
wheras I should have
       * biber
       * bibtex
       * bibtex8
Is 'biber' installed or not: see the screenshot
The screenshot and it does not help. I don't have any idea about Mageia6.

But if reconfigure does not make "biber" appear, biber is not installed---at
least not in at a place where LyX can find it.

I have Mageia 6, KDE
You may try in a terminal the commands `biber --help`
and `which biber` to see whether it works and where it is installed (if it
is).
Ultimatively, you should look for help with someone knowing Mageia and TeX
at Mageia.

Günter