On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 11:20 AM, Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org> wrote:

> 1. time to download (/ download speed)

I'm using Chrome on Windows at my university which has a pretty fast
connexion normally. However, it's telling me 40 minutes left (pretty
consistent time, not going to wait for it to finish, however).

> 2. country (and/or domain) where you download from

Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

> 3. whether you download from home/academic network/large company...
> (you don't have to report more details than it feels comfortable...)

ETSMTL.CA is the domain. It's my university.

> Both good and bad answers matter, we want to know whether this is sporadic
> or widespread problem.
>
> In case your download of the link above is more than couple seconds, it
> would
> be useful if you also reported whether some of the mirror servers listed at
> http://www.lyx.org/Download#toc11 which are closer to your geographical
> location perform better.

The mirror at ftp://ftp.ucsd.edu/LyX/devel/lyx-2.3/lyx-2.3.0rc2/ indicates
4 minutes (consistently, but the other download is ongoing).

Cheers!

C. Fuhrman