On 10/06/2018 05:02 AM, John Kane wrote:

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 at 06:27, Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch) wrote:

I've problems with bibliographical entries extending into the
marginal
area. With the default article layout, a URL is doing this.  With a
Springer layout, a title is doing this.

Attached are small working examples (albeit not literally minimal).

Now, I assume that I could insert a bit of mark-up into the .bib file
as a work-around, but it seems highly undesirable that I should have
distinct .bib files for different layouts.

Thanks for whatever help might be offered.

I don't have the Springer template set up but I am not seeing the problem with bad_bib.lyx file. the URL is breaking perfectly.

LyX 2.3.1  Ubuntu 18.04

Odd. We are each running distributions of Linux (Fedora in my case), so the apps should be virtually identical.

I'll worry about this less then, as it probably won't happen when the publisher processes my .tex and .bib files.

Thank you for your effort!