On 10/07/2018 04:00 AM, José Abílio Matos wrote:

On Sunday, 7 October 2018 02.48.38 WEST Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best
Daniel of the bunch) wrote:

Odd.  We are each running distributions of Linux (Fedora in my case),
so the apps should be virtually identical.

What version of Fedora are you using?

I am running Fedora 29 (in development) and I do not have any problem with the
bad_bib.lyx. I send the resulting pdf attached.

The difference between Fedora 27 or 28 and Fedora 29 is that the texlive
included is newer.

I'll worry about this less then, as it probably won't happen when the
publisher processes my .tex and .bib files.

You are right here. Or if they have problems they will fix them.

I opened the .PDF that you attached, and the “Wahrscheinlichkeits-Rechnung” in the title of the work by von Kries extends into to marginal area.

(Currently, I'm using Fedora Core 27; I simply haven't set aside the time to update to the latest stable core.)