On 10/12/21 7:49 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
UD K said on Mon, 11 Oct 2021 17:47:46 +0200

I SHOULD know this, because it came up in the (distant) past, but
either I forgot, or Lyx has changed-- probably a little of both.
    I wanted to cut a frame from a lyx/beamer presentation and put it
in
another place in the presentation. Control-X, and Control-V failed. So
I tried to insert a new frame, but that came without an end-of-frame,
I like LyX as much as the next guy --- I'm selling about 9 books
authored in LyX. But when it comes to putting together a slide
presentation with Beamer, I think LyX adds more complexity than it
removes. When I use Beamer at all, I just edit the LaTeX in an editor.
Doing that would be the kiss of death writing a book, but Beamer/LaTeX
uses only a small subset of LaTeX.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Steve-- I TOTALLY agree with you about the Lyx/Beamer combo being a killjoy experience.  To make matters worse, I use this combination only rarely, and in between, pandemics, Former-Presidents and other plagues brush away what I knew about using it, so the experience is usually like a root-canal: painful, frustrating and disappointing. It is harder to use than the much maligned Impress of the even-more-maligned LibreOffice, but of course the output, if I ever get to that stage, is MUCH better looking.  Whether that improved look is worth the pain depends on your pain threshold ;-)

--
Ehud Kaplan, Ph.D.
     Visiting Professor
     Dept. of Philosophy & History of Science
     Charles University, Prague
     &
     the National Institute of Mental Health,
     Topolová 748, Klecany
     Czechia
-Formerly:
     Jules and Doris Stein/Research to Prevent Blindness /Professor
     *Director*, Center of Excellence for Computational & System Neuroscience,
     The Friedman Brain Institute, MSSM
     *Director*, The laboratory of Visual & Computational Neuroscience
     Depts. of Neuroscience, Ophthalmology, Chemical & Structural Biology
     Icahn school of medicine at Mount Sinai
     One Gustave Levy Place
     New York, NY, 10029
     USA