On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Alejandro Lorenzo Gallego wrote:

> El Domingo, 4 de Enero de 2004 11:59, Christian Marker escribió:
> > Hi .*
> >
> > I am writing a script of my maths lecture at university with LyX. Pretty
> > much everything is looking like I want it to, but the Integrals look kind
> > of ugly. Is there any (easy) way to put the numbers (start and stop of the
> > interval) directly above and under the Integral sign? Until now, I drop
> > them in with
> >
> >     \int ^a _b
> >
> > I also tried _b \int ^a, but this is'n looking nice, either...
> >
> > It's the same problem which I had with Sums, but there it doesn't really
> > bother me...
> >
> > If you don't know what I mean, I might have a look at:
> > http://www.keen-web.de/none-of-your-business/tmp/mathe1.png (about 40 KB)
> >
> > TIA,
> >  Christian
>

> Well, i had the same question in the past, and i found the answer in a
> "hidden" spot of the help documents; let's see:
>
> you have to do the following:
> -write \int^a _b
> -put the cursor in a way where the integral symbol is selected(with that
> purple box around it
> -Press the following key sequence: Alt-M-l
> -Take a look at your beautiful integral :-)

I thought I'd add this to the wiki... but does anyone know what "Alt-m l"
actually does?

Or is it as simple as that "Alt-m l" toggles limits from being shown in
'display' v.s. 'inline' mode?

And while talking about that.. is 'display mode' and 'inline mode' the
correct terms for this?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr