> > In fact I even installed Ruurd Reitsma's port just
>
> > to test this and it didnt worked
>
> Why did you think you needed this?

you told me that the cygwin thingy isn't recognized.

> Just a second. tex2lyx expects to find the support
> files in a
> directory ..\Resources\lyx relative to the directory
> holding the
> binary itself. If you have copied only the tex2lyx
> binary then that's
> not going to work. Please use the whole package.
> Install it as (say)
> C:tex2lyx. Whatever.

Nono, I installed the whole stuff... but no need to
worry I got it working, and guess what was the
problem!
When running the file I need to specify exactly the
location of tex2lyx (like you put it in your example)
I need to type

c:\lyx\bin\tex2lyx.exe input.tex > input.lyx

I can't get through this by just putting the binaries
for lyx into the path environment and then just type

tex2lyx.exe input... blah

But I still need to figure out how to make lyx2lyx
work.. I tried the way you called lyx2lyx by typing

python C:\LyX\Resources\lyx\lyx2lyx\lyx2lyx test

but got

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\LyX\Resources\lyx\lyx2lyx\lyx2lyx", line
19, in ?
    import getopt
ImportError: No module named getopt

I didn't understand your example, I was however able
to read the output lyx using the recent available
version , I'm not sure if it would be looking the same
had I lyx2lyxed it... it looks .. er not bad if I
don't don't use packages in my LaTeX. I wonder how to
go through newcommand stuffs in the preamble, putting
that in the preamble, I'll try to start all over and
write the preamble in lyx itself and not tex2lyx yet.

could you give me a tex you wrote and know that it
converts to lyx perfectly.. I need to know what to and
what not to put.

Sincerely,
Jose Capco