Angus Leeming wrote:

Sven Schreiber wrote:

ImportError: No module named getopt

Last time we saw this error this was the result of a bad or incomplete python installation.

Actually it's the stripped-down python version always installed by the LyxWin package. Due to PATH settings it can get called even though a complete python installation is also on the system. In that sense it seems that in the LyxWin-package lyx2lyx is doubly broken: first it isn't recognized on windows as a python script, and second the included python installation cannot handle it.

You might be doing Ruurd a slight disservice there. We're playing here with
the lyx2lyx that is bundled with LyX 1.4.x, not the version that comes
with LyX/Win 1.3.x.

I didn't intend any offense, it was Ruurd's work that made it possible for me to use lyx regularly in the first place, and I very much appreciate it. Just wanted to point out where I think the error message stems from. And that it seems to me that renaming "lyx2lyx" to "lyx2lyx.py" as was discussed before will not remedy the fact that the bundled-with-Ruurds-lyxwin python doesn't seem to handle it.

btw, another thing I very much appreciate is your tex2lyx snapshot. In fact I am using it right now to avoid my earlier relyx-problems. What I'm not sure about: Would you like users (like me) to give feedback now, or will testing start later on?

cheers,
sven