Paul Medwell wrote:
> Although it is possible to create the bib file entirely by hand in a
> text-editor, you may find it easier to use a bib file editor. I use
> tkbibtex, although emacs has a BibTeX editor mode and is probably just as
> good, if not better. There are a heap of others out there as well.

Hi, Steve,

I have to support this. Although I do not like Emacs (to say it mildly) and
do not have it installed, I have to admit that from among
BibTeX-in-texteditor, its bibtex-mode is _by far_ the best what I've seen,
and particularly vim's bibtex mode is just a joke. Alternative to Emacs
bibtex-mode are different BibTeX-as-database programs -- tkbibtex, or (what
I've used) pybliographer, or Java jabref. You will be certainly much better
with them, than just with vim (although that's what I use most of the time
-- sometimes I use Kate).

Best,

 Matěj

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

When you're happy that cut and paste actually works I think it's
a sign you've been using X-Windows for too long.
   -- from /. discussion on poor integration between KDE and
      GNOME