I'm afraid that starts to get beyond my understanding of these class files. I /believe/ the thing you need to do is to redefine the \chaptermark macro, but this is a TeX construct, not a LaTeX one, and I'm not absolutely sure how to do that. I'd try:
\let\chaptermark##1\empty
But I don't say that will work. If that didn't work, I'd try:
\def\chaptermark#1{}%
Perhaps someone else here knows how to do this.

Richard

Joachim Krieg wrote:
Thanks for your fast support!! Your trick works very good.
I have one more question: Now on every start page of a chapter the
name of the chapter is shown top right too. Is there any possibility
to show only the page number on this page?

--
Joachim

Richard Heck wrote:

The way to do this kind of thing is to redefine the "chapter start" macro from the class file. Here's what that macro looks like in my version of book.cls:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
\thispagestyle{plain}%
[EMAIL PROTECTED]@
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]@schapter}
What's causing the page number to be at the bottom is the second line,
so you might try something like this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]@
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]@schapter}
in the preamble. Since you're on Windows, I suppose it's possible that
your book.cls may differ from mine. So you'll want to find that file and
see what your definition looks like. But the same sort of trick should work.

Richard

Joachim Krieg wrote:
Hello,
I'm writing my thesis with LyX 1.3.7 on WinXP. The class is "book",
the style is "default".
It's working very nice but now I have one question:
Is there an easy way to get the page number top right without
using style "fancy"? The problem is that on every start page of a chapter
the page number is in the footer.
I searched for a solution in the mailinglist, on the LyX wiki and in
one LaTeX book but there are only hints for using fancy. Are there
other possibilities?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad English

--
Joachim