On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 12:23:39PM -0400, Andrew Corrigan wrote:
> In case this is helpful to someone, I made an ubuntu package with
> checkinstall, in other words it doesn't take care of dependencies or
> uninstalling an old version or anything like that, it just saves you the
> trouble of running configure and make and allows you to uninstall lyx
> via synaptic when you want to. it gets installed to /usr/local since the
> configure was:
> ./configure --with-frontend=qt --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3
> --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt3
> The package is located here:
> http://mason.gmu.edu/~acorriga/ubuntu/lyx_1.4.3-1_i386.deb

Hm you can even go the clean way quite easily at least if you run the edgy
thing.

a) Get the diff from the 1.4.2 ubuntu package and apply it to
the 1.4.3 source
b) Get the current patches from
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-lyx/lyx/trunk/debian/patches/?rev=0&sc=0
c) Edit the changelog and build as usual with dpkg-buildpackage, debuild
or whatever you normaly use

For the dapper thing you can use my 1.4.2 diff from here
ftp://hxt.homelinux.org/foobuntu/lyx_1.4.2-4%7edapper1.diff.gz

and go on with b) and c) as outlined above.

So not that complicated at all. Still no one willing to prepare regular
builds for the *buntus to feed the hungry masses?

Cheers,
Sven
--
If you won't forgive me the rest of my life
Let me apologize while I'm still alive