Am 07.12.2007 um 22:05 schrieb Bennett Helm:

On Dec 7, 2007, at 5:38 AM, Helge Hafting wrote:

Maximilian Wollner wrote:

By the way, if all you want is to use Hoefler Text as your standard font, you can accomplish this using

\usepackage[osf]{gtamachoefler}

in your preamble (at least with recent versions of texlive. Then you can typeset using pdflatex and so use microtype, e.g.

Yes, Hoefler Text is (so far) the only reason for me to use XeTeX. I tried to put the command in my preamble but got an error:

LaTeX Error: File `gtamachoefler.sty' not found.

Then I installed the latest MacTeX package, reconfigured LyX but I still get the same error message. What can I do?
If you don't have this gtamachoefler.sty, download it from somewhere.
Not as a part of the latest MacTex, but as a separate package.

But it *is* a part of the latest MacTeX; it can be found at:

/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/gtamacfonts/gtamachoefler.sty

Well, that's strange, I've got a /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/ latex folder but apart from another "local"-folder (which is empty) inside it, that folder is empty, too. So not "gtamacfonts" folder whatsoever. Indeed, Spotlight can't find any folder with that name either. Just a stupid question: it does not have to do anything with me not running an admin user, does it? Nor did I use an administrators account to install MacTeX...

(Are you sure you didn't mistype it into your preamble?)

Absolutely, I checked that several times.

Bennett

Anyway, I tried to find the package via i-installer (but did not find it, probably I lack the proper search term. There is a Font Utilities.pkg but when I launch it, it tells me that it's going to install MacTeX 2006 (so I aborted it).

Thanks again for your help and your patience :)

Max