Am 08.12.2007 um 09:14 schrieb Maximilian Wollner:

Until a few days ago I had a TeX installation from around two (or more) years ago (a gwTeX) and a MacTeX from early 2007, in the systems preferences the TeXlive 2007 was selected. I removed gwTeX, removed (as much as I could) from the MacTeX and installed the latest MacTeX; at least I managed to have only one possible TeX distribution in systems preferences. Well... I think I'll install the latest MacTeX on my girlfriends iBook (which is absolutely TeX- free so far) and then I'll see, whether I have to clean up my hidden folders (and all possible files of earlier distributions) that might cause a conflict.

Ok, I tried that now on my girlsfriends' Mac and got the same error. It seems that without further setting up (probably something like this: http://tug.org/mactex/pracjourn/wierda_2006-1.pdf) this won't work. So I'll simply stick with either the LaTeX fonts (which are not too beautiful, but that's a very individual question) or with XeTeX (which would mean to not be able to use many regular TeX packages, right? Like hyperref, microtype, ...?)

(Or, I'll do the steps described in that pdf. But I can't bother with that now, since I've got too much else going on.)

Greetings from Vienna,

Max