Bob Lounsbury wrote:
On Jan 14, 2008 10:18 AM, rgheck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've been using Fedora ever since I started using Linux, but the
second-rate status of KDE under Fedora is starting to get to me, so I'm
thinking about switching. But then: to what? I don't think Kubuntu is
for me. Gentoo would be an option, but then I'm not sure I want to be
quite that bleeding-edge. So, the question: What?

Richard

My vote is Slackware. [snip]
Thanks. I'd not even have thought of Slackware, but it may well be the right distro for me. The "learning about Linux" part is what attracts me to Gentoo---I don't think I'm quite ready for Linux from Scratch---but having to compile dang near everything...I'm not sure I want to go that route.

rh