jean beney schrieb:

I am using a non-standard class designed for LaTeX by a book editor.
One of the differences with the class "book" is that the class has different optionnal parameters. But LyX always puts in the LaTeX file:
\documentclass[english,french]{otherbook}
which does not give the result I want.

This doesn't harm and are the needed options for the babel package that does the translation of words like "Part". All given document class options can be used by the LaTeX-packages that are loaded in the preamble. To use the documentclass options you need, simply insert them comma separated in the field "Options" in the menu "Document->Settings->Document Class".

I must say that my document  has been declared as being totally in French.

Then you have somewhere a text part that is marked as English.

regards Uwe