John wrote:
On Saturday 22 March 2008 01:59:07 am jean beney wrote:
Hello,

I notice that after a list (i.e. after \end{itemize}) LyX does not put
an empty line, so that the next standard paragraph is not indented. My
editor wants this paragraph to be indented. Until now, I use a script to
add a newline after \end{itemize}.

The purpose of indentation is to show that where a new paragraph begins.
That's why you don't indent the 1st paragraph in a part or chapter.
That's also why you don't need to indent after a list.
Your editor is wrong! He seems to be one of those people (all too common nowadays) who slavishly follows 'procedure' without regard to purpose.

Actually, there seems to be a difference here: The list may be part of a paragraph that continues after it ends, or it may end a paragraph. Right?

rh