On 10.06.08, Pavel Sanda wrote:

> now the next step :) i see latex error that utf8x.def file is missing.

Where you able to select utf8x font encoding from the LyX gui?

Normally LyX checks the package availability for any extensions, so this
might count as a (minor) LyX bug,

> is tetex supposed to work with the chosen encoding or do i need texlive?
> what tex distribution do you use?

utf8x.def is part of the "ucs" package for comprehensive unicode support.

I use the texlive packages from Debian/testing which contain ucs in
texlive-latex-recommended.

I do not know whether ucs is part of tetex (or which tetex package it is
in). But tetex should cooperate with it if you locally install ucs from
CTAN.

Günter