On 10.06.08, Pavel Sanda wrote:

> > > now the next step :) i see latex error that utf8x.def file is missing.
> >
> > Where you able to select utf8x font encoding from the LyX gui?

> i dont think this is possible.

My mistake. You cannot choose font encoding from lyx.

It should have read *input encoding* which in lyx is available under
Document>Settings>Language>Encoding

> which was set to utf8x in your previous file.

> > Normally LyX checks the package availability for any extensions, so this
> > might count as a (minor) LyX bug,

> no i dont have this package locally, so its not lyx problem.

It is a lyx problem if you can actively set
Document>Settings>Language>Encoding to utf8x while the package ucs (and
hence utf8x.def) is not installed.

Could you test whether you can change the encoding to something else and
back to utf8x (before installing ucs)?

Of course it is not a lyx problem, if you can open view and edit my file
even if it specifies an encoding your system does not support. ;-)

Günter