Just my two cents: Scientific Word was used to come with a utility
called Document Manager. It was able to pack everything in a .msg
file. The utility has a GUI that gives you options for choosing the
elements to include for the packing and other options during
unpacking.  I think that we were even allowed to distribute it to the
collaborators with whom we share files. I do not know if such a
solution would be sufficient and enough secure... Also, it worked only
for Windows, we would definitely need a cross-platform tool for LyX of
course. But, such a tool would definitely be useful.

Regards,

Murat

--
*** NEW UNIVERSITY, NEW ADDRESS ! ***

Prof. Murat Yildizoglu
Université Paul Cézanne (Aix-Marseille 3)
GREQAM (UMR CNRS 6579)
Centre de la Vieille Charité
2, rue de la Charité
13236 Marseille cedex 02