On Tue, 8 Sep 2009, Jean-Marie Pacquet wrote:

I tried to obtain what you want with my example (ksl2pro).
I had to change this:
1. Replace the line
\...@setplength{refwidth}{0pt}
by these two lines in the NFpro.lco file:
\...@setplength{refhpos}{20mm}
\...@setplength{refwidth}{170mm}
2. Set the margins for the text in Document->Settings->Margins to the same value as above (20mm)

  I've not followed this thread, but I've made all the adjustments I need
for my letters in the document preamble. Here's the preamble that I now use:

\date{}
\usepackage{scrpage2}
\pagestyle{scrheadings}
\cfoot[scrplain-centered ]{}
\makeatletter
% horizontal position of the address field
\...@setplength{toaddrhpos}{20.0mm}
% vertical position of the address field
\...@addtoplength{toaddrvpos}{20mm}
\makeatother
\renewcommand*{\raggedsignature}{}
\makeatletter
% vertical position of ref line (date)
\...@setplength{refvpos}{6.5cm}
% space between ref line and letter text
\...@setplength{refaftervskip}{4cm}
% space for signature image
\...@setplength{sigbeforevskip}{0mm}
\makeatother
\firsthead{\centering\usekomavar{fromlogo}\hspace*{8cm}}
\ihead{\usekomavar{toname}\\%
Page \thepage\\\usekomavar{date}}
\KOMAoptions{%
foldmarks=false
}

  I think it's better to modify the preamble than the underlying class
templates.

HTH,

Rich