Hello David,

Best of luck in your PhD pursuit. The only advice I can offer regarding working
with tables is to suggest you consider taking a lesson or a series of lessons
from Anne & Archie Robertson via Skype. They've developed some good procedures
for dealing with the accessibility quirks and limitations in the various iWork
applications and though I wasn't required to create any documents with tables
this semester, I was glad to have had the Pages lessons under my belt.

If you're interested, you can find out more at Anne & Archie's website,
www.cecimac.org. The site is in French by default, but if you VO right a few
times you'll find a link to the English section of the site, which includes
contact info and an overview of the lessons they offer.

Cheers, and best of luck,
Bryan