Hello Eric

Gordon is laughingly saying that he'd never advise anybody to stick with
playing it safe if it will work. :) But seriously if I were you I'd ask around.
See what they say in some of the forums.

Lynne

On 20 Aug 2011, at 19:02, Eric Caron wrote:

On Aug 20, 2011, at 1:30 PM, Mrs. Lynnette Annabel Smith wrote:

> Hello Eric
>
> OK, are you specifically talking about the MacBook, as opposed to the Pro? If
> that's the case then yes I think  4GB is indeed the limit. I was under the
> impression that you had a MBP, sorry about that. I just presumed you were
> generalising when you said MacBook.
>
> Lynne

Hi Lynne and others,

        No I was being specific I have a Mac Book not a Pro.  According to some
info the computer can use 8 GB Ram even though Apple says 4.  I'm guessing
Gordon's advice would be don't push what the folks recommend.

I would love to go to 8 GB but don't want to damage my system or do it for no
gain.
Someone on this list, with a mac book, must be daring enough to give it a go!
I'll wait to see what happens!

Eric Caron