Would the effect described here also affect performance of JFXPanel? I
noticed that scrolling smoothness degrades visibly when putting a tree or a
table into a JFXPanel, while the same controls scroll as smoothly as native
ones when part of a JFX stage.

florian.bruck...@3kraft.com> wrote:

> > I have built a minimalistic test case that exposes the problem. It
creates a JFrame with an editor pane in it to show some HTML content (a
javadoc page). The test is to just scroll from the bottom to the top and
back to the bottom by mouse wheel as quickly as possible, I did 5
iterations in each test run.

> > Wall clock timing was approx. 15 seconds with Java 6 and approx 45
seconds with java 8. As the problem worsens with increased screen
resolutions I decided to use the full resolution of my new UHD display
(which is 3840x2160), the machine is a

> [...]
>
> Thanks for coming up with some sort of test.
>
> Hopefully the folks at Oracle find the time to look into this, perhaps do
their own performance testing, and find ways to improve the 2D pipeline.