Dave Neary wrote:
> I've seen people say that Nokia doesn't even distribute the initfs
> tools. If that's the case, there wouldn't be any GPL violation.

Let's move detailed discussion back to the bug report.

Quick and hopefully correct summary is that Nokia is distributing
modified uclibc (EABI patched 0.9.28) so we should get at least exact
uclibc sources used for building initfs. That is indeed enough to
satisfy GPL and also to close the bug report since we can rebuild gcc
with such uclibc and make the toolchain ourselves.

uclibc is IMO really the tricky part, PCMIIAW but 0.9.28 does not
support EABI out of box, there are several (maybe incomplete) patches to
add EABI support to 0.9.28 mentioned in uclibc mailing list so it is
quite hard to decide which specific version (if any) went into the
binary which is distributed with the tablets.

The original request is for toolchain binary since my idea was that it
is easier for both sides (the binary exists inside Nokia - name was
mentioned is OS2007 hacker edition guide, and hopefully there is no
reason to keep the sources or binaries of gcc closed).

Frantisek