On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Andras Toth <parrotforty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have upgraded Scratchbox to use Qt 4.6 (instead of 4.5). However, now
> I am unable to install my application package on the N900 device, since the
> device still uses Qt 4.5, thus I get errors like this:
>
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of your-package:
>  your-package depends on libqt4-core (>= 4.6.2~git20100310); however:
>  Version of libqt4-core on system is 4.5.3~git20090723-0maemo6+0m5.

Hi Andras,

The (horrible!) workaround I use for the moment is to use
libqt4-maemo5(-*) packages in both scratchbox and on-device. This
means that to compile in scratchbox, you will want
/opt/qt4-maemo5/bin/qmake, not just qmake, otherwise your app will use
the /usr/lib/ Qt which isn't what you want.

Obviously this isn't perfect, but it should get you by. Once 1.2 is
publically released, obviously, you should revert to using the normal
Qt packages.

HTH,

Robin Burchell
mob: +447702671419