Dnia czwartek, 6 maja 2010 o 18:27:34 Eero Tamminen napisaƂ(a):

> ext Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> > At most, the SDK should have been released two weeks ahead of the final
> > release.
>
> Agree.

Let me write few words about my view on maemo development.

PR 1.2 introduced at least two nice things for developers to use:

- livesearch in libhildon lists (Contacts, Modest, HAM use it)
- Qt 4.6

But as those are not available for users developers do not use them or are
writing own implementations of livesearch. I gave up on any Qt related
programming because Qt 4.5 do not follow UI style and 4.6 is not available for
users (just for remind: users do not use extras-devel).

I wonder what so hard is in making PR 1.1.2 release which will give Qt 4.6 as
standard (rather none of nokia apps use it) with 1.1.3 following it with few
other small updates. We have May now and first talks about releasing PR1.2
were "next week" in February...

Currently my n900 runs that leaked image and so far I am fine with it. Apps
which I use works, things from Extras mostly installs and works (nokia killed
"upstart-job" package so good bye IM addons). I will probably update it a bit
with few new components from local builds etc but that's me - I am not normal
user.

>  > -Is PR1.2 still going to be released?
>
> Definitely.

Will it happen before users (and more important: developers) will abandon
platform or one month after?

Regards,
--
JID:      h...@jabber.org