Hindsight 20/20. Back when 1.2 was first considered Qt 4.6 was in alpha or
beta. Beta software does not go into a pr release.
Later on when 4.6 got final it might have made sense, but as Eero said, the
release is based on quality and not calendar. And the 1.2 tree had moved
forward a lot in that time.

> +1
>
> If PR 1.2 has too many problems to be released before *few* days,
> please release a 1.1.2 with the updated qt, actually having skype
> videocalls or other few things is secondary for the long term success
> of your strategy.

Because it would have to be tested to the same extent as the 1.2 image. And
that is not a few days.

Look, the N900 is a consumer electronics device. That means that normal people,
like your mother, the guy you passed on the street and the person drinking
coffee in a cafe use it. Those people cannot handle crashes and bad quality. It
really is that simple.

Tero