On 7 May 2010 09:48, <tero.k...@nokia.com> wrote:

> Look, the N900 is a consumer electronics device. That means that normal
> people, like your mother, the guy you passed on the street and the person
> drinking coffee in a cafe use it. Those people cannot handle crashes and bad
> quality. It really is that simple.

Very good point, seriously. Yet I think Marcin had ever better:

> (Hm. Is Maemo showing its Debian roots?)
>
> Good attempt for joke but failed. Debian has 'testing' branch which users
> can
> use, test, report bugs against and got them fixed before release. Maemo
> does
> not give any of those.

Releasing "test-and-strictly-developer-aka-geek-oriented" images on regular
basis would be simply great. Think of it like extras and
extras-testing/devel - yet not for apps, but full-blown OS images. Normal
users should strictly stay away from these, but whole bunch of geek folks
who imho are the essence of Maemo/MeeGo platforms would jump high in joy and
that would definitely keep guys on both sides of the fence relatively happy.
Just my three cents.

Btw, I am also uber-eager to see PR1.2 on my device, especially after seeing
what Eero said about Browser and performance, as currently I simply need to
reboot my N900 every 5-6 days to keep my sanity while using it...

--
Dawid 'evad' Lorenz * http://adl.pl

null://google 'no evil' mail has taken away my random signatures