From: Scifi Guy
Sent: 05/07/10 03:26 PM
To: maemo-developers@maemo.org
Subject: Noob question re Qt Application structure

 Hi All,

I am developing a Qt4.6 based application that monitors outgoing international
calls (by connecting to relevant DBUS signals) and routes
them via a calling card number. I have developed a configuration UI widget
(QWidget subclass) to enable/disable such routing.
The problem is that the UI widget code and DBUS slots code are all in the same
class. If I launch the application, the UI widget is shown.

This is the code in my main.cpp.

#include <QtGui/QApplication>
#include "eventmonitor.h"
#include <QDebug>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{

 QApplication a(argc, argv);
 EventMonitor w;
 w.show();
 return a.exec();
}

EventMonitor is a QWidget subclass which also has functions to connect to DBUS
signals. My aim is to separate the functionality into two different classes.
The class with DBus slots should be running as a daemon which is invoked on
startup.
The class with QWidget (config screen) should be invoked when user launches the
app from the applications menu. Think on the lines of AutoDisconnect.

What is the best way to achieve this? Let me know if you want me to post more
code.

Thanks & Regards,
Sudheer