> From: dotted...@dottedmag.net
> To: scifi....@hotmail.com
> CC: ian...@gmail.com; rkma...@gmx.com; maemo-developers@maemo.org
> Subject: Re: Noob question re Qt Application structure
> Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 23:26:50 +0700
>

> Twas brillig at 08:24:06 07.05.2010 UTC-07 when scifi....@hotmail.com
> did gyre and gimble:
>
>  SG> I can exit the daemon by receiving a custom DBUS signal but how do
>  SG> I launch it?
>
> Register it as a D-Bus service and daemon will be started by D-Bus upon
> first access.
>
> --
>   http://fossarchy.blogspot.com/

Hi Mikhail,

Could you please elaborate what you mean by "upon first access"? This is the
typical scenario I am assuming.

A custom D-Bus service for the daemon will be registered when user enables the
application from the GUI app. This ideally happens only once. After enabling
the application, user can reboot the device any number of times. Will D-Bus
automatically start the daemon after each reboot?  Or do I need to register the
service each time using an upstart script?

Regards,
Sudheer