2010/9/22 Ville M. Vainio <vivai...@gmail.com>:
> Considering all of this, I'm inclined to wish we had a  "I know what
> I'm using, please run this app as 'user'|" checkbox in Nokia Qt SDK.

The current version of Qt SDK automatically creates and deploys a .deb
on the device, so once the package has been deployed, if I want to
test the app with the "user" account, I just run it from X Terminal
(/usr/local/bin/<appname> with a standard project). Don't know if that
is a solution for IDE-loving developers, but it's not that hard, and
you can always have a xterm (or PuTTY for Windows users) running on
your development machine and start the app from there.

Thomas