On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 19:21:16 +0100, Pali Rohár wrote:

> > I can install and uninstall the file just fine using the debian package
> > I've constructed locally.  When installing the app from the Extras-Devel
> > repository, however, the application manager can place the file into
> > /etc/sudoers.d, but seems unable to remove it when uninstalling.
> Try to run apt-get remove <package> in xterm. This is what application
> manager
> doing... Also see error in application manager log.

apt-get remove without --purge won't remove conffiles, which would
explain why /etc/sudoers.d/foo is still there ...

And that's on purpose at least in Debian. If HAM can't be told to
purge a package there's not much that can be done (short of using
brute force in the postrm maintainer script. Ehh, this sounds ugly.).

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   NP: Carole King: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow