Hi folks,

I've been working on a small Maemo app, and have reached the point where I've pushed it up to Extras-Devel. Almost everything works perfectly, except for one item: I've created a sudoers file for the app, in order to allow it to call "modprobe" to load a kernel module. (This is the "lirc_rx51" module, needed for access to the IR hardware.) This file needs to go into the /etc/sudoers.d directory.

I can install and uninstall the file just fine using the debian package I've constructed locally. When installing the app from the Extras-Devel repository, however, the application manager can place the file into /etc/sudoers.d, but seems unable to remove it when uninstalling.

I'm using the Qt SDK, and have recently upgraded to Qt Creator 2.4.1, so maybe the latest Qt software creates debian packages differently than the Extras system does...

So, I guess these are my questions:

1) Do I need to do something special to install/uninstall files to the /etc directory in Maemo?

2) Should I even be using /etc/sudoers.d to let my app access modprobe? What is the preferred way for an app to make requests of the kernel?

Thanks!

--John