On 2/8/12 3:15 PM, Pali Rohár wrote:
On Wednesday 08 February 2012 21:04:26 gregor herrmann wrote:

apt-get remove without --purge won't remove conffiles, which would
explain why /etc/sudoers.d/foo is still there ...

And that's on purpose at least in Debian. If HAM can't be told to
purge a package there's not much that can be done (short of using
brute force in the postrm maintainer script. Ehh, this sounds ugly.).

Yes, I tried the brute-force approach, and it was ugly. Ended up with the package manager thinking the sudoers file still existed. :(

BTW, what is Debian's purpose on keeping conffiles around? Is there value in having config info for nonexisting packages? (Should I not be worried about leaving sudoers files in the sudoers.d directory?)

You can create sudoers.d file in postinst file and remove it in postrm.
echo "...">  /etc/sudoers.d/...

Thanks, tried that out, and it works fine! I guess I'll just go with that for now...

Thanks,

--John