On 7/5/06 11:26 AM, "emf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The problem I face is not when JavaScript is not active, the problem is
> when JavaScript *is* active *and* behaves correctly - i.e. performs the
> dom modification I've told it to - but the browser/screen reader doesn't
> bother to tell the user.
>
> ~ethan fremen

Does the industry (I almost wrote "do we") know how big a problem this is in
practice?  That is, what fraction of users of screen readers and other
assistive stuff routinely run with JavaScript active?

Since the assertion here is "screenreaders have trouble with JavaScript" I
would expect most screenreader users to have JavaScript turned off.

  --John