Bryan Harrison wrote:

>Since implementing Mailman under OS X Server 10.5.7, I've been seeingÂ…
>
>Jul 16 11:00:00 server-name com.apple.launchd[1]
>(0x1029d0.cron[1618]): Could not setup Mach task special port 9: (os/
>kern) no access
>
>in the syslog, every 5 minutes, forever.
>
>I've traced it down to Mailman's "gate_news" chron job.  I gather this
>relates to polling news servers (which I'm not doing), but beyond that
>I'm at sea.

I have little idea how you would debug the actual error. The above
message is a Mac OS or Darwin message. If you have no lists that are
gating messages from usenet, cron/gate_news does virtually nothing
other than creating a lock file. If it has a problem with that, it
logs it in Mailman's 'fromusenet' log.

Do Mailman's other cron jobs run OK?

If you aren't gating news, you can remove or comment the gate_news
entry in Mailman's crontab.