--On July 16, 2009 11:44:57 AM -0700 Bryan Harrison <br...@bryanharrison.com> wrote:

Since implementing Mailman under OS X Server 10.5.7, I've been seeing…

Jul 16 11:00:00 server-name com.apple.launchd[1] (0x1029d0.cron[1618]):
Could not setup Mach task special port 9: (os/kern) no access

in the syslog, every 5 minutes, forever.

I've traced it down to Mailman's "gate_news" chron job.  I gather this
relates to polling news servers (which I'm not doing), but beyond that
I'm at sea.

Anybody?

To which I reply:

This is because Apple has deprecated cron, and really wants you to use launchd instead. You'll see one of those messages for *everything* that cron runs -- you're just seeing the common ones because they run so often.

I've written a bunch of launchd.plist files for all the various Mailman cron jobs; if you want them, let me know.

--
Steve Burling                                    <mailto:s...@umich.edu>
University of Michigan, ICPSR                    Voice: +1 734 615.3779