Bill Moseley wrote:
How do I setup CPAN.pm to work with both MakeMaker and Module::Build?

I want to install *all* modules locally using CPAN.pm.

    'makepl_arg' => q[INSTALLDIRS=site PREFIX=/home/moseley/local],

Yet, if I use:

    'makepl_arg' => q[INSTALLDIRS=site install_base=/home/moseley/local],

Then installs fail due to "bin" not being based on the install_base.

The latest CPAN.pm (1.83) supports the following config options:

  mbuild_arg         arguments passed to './Build'
  mbuild_install_arg arguments passed to './Build install'
  mbuild_install_build_command
                     command to use instead of './Build' when we are
                     in the install stage, for example 'sudo ./Build'
  mbuildpl_arg       arguments passed to 'perl Build.PL'

  prefer_installer   legal values are MB and EUMM: if a module
                     comes with both a Makefile.PL and a Build.PL, use
                     the former (EUMM) or the latter (MB)

to configure the behavior of Module::Build based distros, so what you want is:

mbuildpl_install_arg =>
  q[INSTALLDIRS=site install_base=/home/moseley/local],

(Also, M::B in CVS has support for PREFIX, thanks to Schwern's efforts.)

Randy.