Dear Italo,

As I mentioned earlier, I will not be able to attend the conference due to some
personal engagement. I would like to make a note on the following things.

It is important to increase our presence in the social network. However, I feel
that we need to something more at the ground level. We may need to start
Special Interest Groups focused on universities and schools. I know already we
may have such initiatives. But, if you see the reality - I could say from my
experience in Indian scenario - many students use pirated copies of MS Office
and many did not hear about our LibreOffice.

I am not a supporter of business model put forward by Steve Jobs. But recently,
I came across a video regarding his point of view on marketing and it is
interesting - Please have a look if you are interested -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keCwRdbwNQY

This video raised some doubts regarding how we should place our product. Just
explaining many functionalities which may already exist in other Office suites
may not be our selling points. Our values in terms of Freedom, Ethics and all
these ideas, and customer orientation is very much required.

"What can I do for libreoffice" would be a great avenue for the people who
would like to contribute. We may need to design the system such a way that
anyone can come there and start help us in their own way without messing up our
system. Designing the system should not be an imitation of other, but we may
need to sit back and see how are development works and how someone could
contribute to our ecosystem.

I really believe that we need to focus more on mobile devices and even having a
crowdfunding model for mobile application development for FREE office suite
would be an option.

Sincerely,
Sreekanth V K

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.