Hi Hassan,
There has been a number of similar requests in the past. We are planning to
properly expose the update API in the 0.8.

On 08/09/10 6:51 AM, "a.has...@har.mrc.ac.uk" <a.has...@har.mrc.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi,

Everytime we have a new data from medical clinics, we do the following
steps from MartEditor GUI in order to update biomart:

 File => Naive
 File => import
 File => update all
 File => export

Just because of this manual step, we cannot script/automate our whole data
upload process. It will be great if we can script the above functionality.
Do you reckon that MartScript will help us?

I am going to IMGC, Crete, Greece in October. Please let me know if you
will be there then we can discuss this further. Thanks.

Best Regards, Hassan
http://cern.ch/ahmadh/portfolio

> Hi!
>
>   You might be interested in MartScript,
> http://github.com/joejimbo/MartScript, which can be used to
> automatically create Ensembl (and related) marts.
>
>   I do not know your database structure, but perhaps it would work for
> you with some minor modifications as well. The major downside of using
> MartScript right now is obvious: I have been too lazy to document it
> properly yet. If you have a go at it, please let me know and perhaps
> we can figure out to get it working together. Are you around at Genome
> Informatics next week? We could have a chat about it too.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Joachim
>
> --
> B.1079 Michael Smith Building
> Faculty of Life Sciences
> The University of Manchester
> Oxford Road
> Manchester
> M13 9PT
> United Kingdom

This email may have a PROTECTIVE MARKING, for an explanation please see:
http://www.mrc.ac.uk/About/Informationandstandards/Documentmarking/index.htm

Arek Kasprzyk
Director, Bioinformatics Operations and Principal Investigator

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3

Tel:                        416-673-8559
Toll-free:             1-866-678-6427
www.oicr.on.ca

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged
information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or
distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally
intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other
information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.