Hi Andy,

Ahhh, no we don't have any really big drop down filters like yours...

Do you really need drop downs that big*, do you know if anyone's using them? (I
personally find overly large drop downs a bit cumbersome).

For the ESLIM and MP names/id's, you could take an approach similar to how
EnsEMBL handles Gene Ontology, (pretty much just text boxes, but these are
controlled vocabularies so users can look up what they want to search by
elsewhere):

http://www.biomart.org/biomart/martview?VIRTUALSCHEMANAME=default&ATTRIBUTES=mmusculus_gene_ensembl.default.feature_page.ensembl_gene_id|mmusculus_gene_ensembl.default.feature_page.ensembl_transcript_id&FILTERS=&VISIBLEPANEL=filterpanel

And for the Gene/Line names you could offer a text box that runs a LIKE query
on the database, (also you need to make sure your db is doing case-insensitve
queries at this point).

This would remove your need for the large drop downs and simplify your release
process...

Sorry I couldn't be much more help.

Daz

* As a side note, last time I built the IKMC mart I got a bunch of warnings for
your filters:

default ... Europhenome .............. 001/001 ... europhenome
Warning: Too many Options for filter [ line_name ] possible rendering problems
for  Martview
Warning: Too many Options for filter [ parameter_eslim_id ] possible rendering
problems for  Martview
Warning: Too many Options for filter [ parameter_name ] possible rendering
problems for  Martview
Warning: Too many Options for filter [ mp_term_name ] possible rendering
problems for  Martview     OK

Do the drop downs contain all of your expected values?