Hello Andrea,

there is not usage limit on the BioMart side, it may well be just heavy traffic. I dont think there is anytime that might be less or more busy than others given the spread of users. and yes, you are not breaking any usage policy :) The best way to download large downloads is to use 'Export email option'. Hope that helps,

Best,
Syed