> Of course Chomsky entirely misses the point. No doubt these two (or three)
> were progressives or radicals (choose your own words) who have dedicated
> themselves to various good causes. However it is a FACT that there are
> many such people (some on this list) who have cheered on the Iranian
> "Green movement" and done their best to support its demand for the
> overthrow of the Iranian government. Are there SOME such people who might
> go a step further than simply advocating on behalf of the Greens on the
> Internet, or helping to make sure their Twitter feed doesn't go down, and
> actually who would actually work in collaboration with the U.S. government
> to help bring that about? It seems almost indisputable that there are. Are
> Josh, Shane, and Sarah such individuals? I have no freakin' idea, and
> certainly know of no evidence that they are.

This is really crazy, Eli. The sort of stuff that alienates people from
the PSL, even though I understand that you are only a sympathizer.

You are making an amalgam between CIA agents, supporters of the overthrow
of clerical rule in Iran, the Green movement--which is led by a faction of
the clerical dictatorship, the hikers who were not even in Iran and god
knows who else. What do you think that the hikers were trying to do? Dig a
hole from Iraq to Iran so that CIA agents could smuggle Twitter accounts
into the country? Or copies of Madeline Murray's atheist tracts?

Sheesh.