I am a eyewitness on schizophrenia also (i prefer the term metanoia)  Mason, and
I think it certainly makes sense to look also for political causes (the sense in
the nonsense) when dealing with people suffering from it. There is truth
concealed in their error when they rush to conclusions. Agree, it is not easy to
find an external cause just out of the schizophrenic delusions but one should
try to maintain a "dialog" with them instead of locking them up and harm them
with dangerous anti-psychotic medication.
Schizophrenics break down the symbolic order, and thats why they have a
revolutionary potential. Remember the SPK of Huber? Every self respecting
Marxist should defend schizophrenics against bourgeois psychiatric institutions
IMHO. And one should support alternatives such as Soteria housing for acute
cases.

AO