Exactly. That is my reaction.  Assad, Hezbollah and the Iranians have spent a
great deal of effort to demonize ISIS, especially regarding its treatment of
religious minorities, so it simply does not make sense for their
supporters/cheerleaders to argue there was no peril to the Yazidis.That said,
it is understood or believed there are elements of the old Iraqi Baath
apparatus who are fellow travelers with ISIS.  One wonders whether those Iraqi
Baathists might still have benefit of their old contacts in the West, if so
that may explain what Andy is referring to....SR----- Original Message
-----From: Joseph Catron via Marxism <marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu>=Also, while
I may have missed something, I don't see what interestsupporters of Assad would
have in minimizing the crimes of ISIS. I wouldhave expected rather the opposite?
Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu