And beyond that, when can visual evidence (from a war zone especially) be
called a "claim"? Certainly some of us saw the moon landing on TV - that I
guess is a "claim". But then again some of us thought it filmed in a Hollywood
studio because, after all as Catron would suggest - NONE OF US WERE THERE!

- Bill

On 08/15/2014 2:25 PM, Joseph Catron via Marxism wrote:

> We've all seen reports of 40,000 Yazidi besieged by ISIS on Mount
> Sinjar. Perhaps it was true at one point, perhaps not. Given that
> none of us (I think) are there, the first step is figuring out just
> who's making the claim. Curiously, none of few dozen articles I've
> scanned over the past ten minutes which repeat it have bothered to
> say. And I rather doubt their writers were all atop Mount Sinjar too.
> Does anyone know the source of the allegation?

---
is active.
Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu