#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

A Facebook friend just posted a long status on Turkey by Sam Charles Hamad,
basically an apologia for Erdogan and the AKP, whitewashing his crimes, and
holding him up as democracy's best bet in the country.

If this sounds familiar it's because Hamad used the same method when
analyzing Egypt (i.e. pandering to Morsi as democracy's best hope).
In the case of Egypt, Sam also viciously denounced those who asserted the
need for the country's workers to take the lead. He hasn't yet done so
regarding Turkey (although workers are noticeably absent from his
analysis), but I'm sure he'll get there.

So, here's the etiquette question:

Is it acceptable to post someone's Facebook status on a public list? I ask
both as a general rule and in circumstances like mine where the author has
blocked me.