#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 6/5/20 12:36 PM, Jeffrey Masko wrote:
Folks I know personally do not sneer at peaceful protests and work to separate their actions so the old tired out narrative of peaceful protest hijacked is provable to be false, along with the idea violence is used that somehow soils the other peaceful protest when the fact is that those who often put their bodies on the line protecting POC are vilified and lumped in with looters (god forbid anyone loot) and property destruction/vandalism.

I am not even sure what it means to protect POC just as long it doesn't involve torching a post office or a library. When the Migizi American Indian community center burned down, someone excused it because it was an accident. It was collateral damage of the targeted building, the fucking post office. Who in their right mind would want to torch the post office that is paid for by our tax dollars and that Donald Trump also wants to destroy? Besides the post office, a library got torched.

In any case, this business about "riots" has wound down, except kept alive by Trump and his minions. Almost everybody is involved in traditional protests, number one, and, number two, does so without needing to be defended. There will still be cop attacks as took place near the White House but it is simply beyond the scope of any antifa activists to serve as a defense guard when there are 480 cities that have seen protests, including tiny upstate NY towns that I have reported on. In both Walkill and Monroe, everything happened without any cop attacks. I suspect that is true in nearly all cases. This is not Egypt in 2011, even though Trump would like to be able to make it so.