>   Ummm...  would putting in 127.0.0.1 as the address on the host that has
>the server work? I did that for the default nameserver in my
>/etc/resolv.conf, and all of a sudden a lot of things worked better.

Using 127.0.0.1 has your Linux box's primary DNS server will only
work if you are running a cachine DNS or authoritative DNS server.
Regardless, anyone who is running Linux for a MASQ server, be it
a dial up line, ADSL, Cablemodem, etc, should setup a caching
DNS server.

--David
|  David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware         [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'